Monday, April 16, 2007

Abyssal Hollow


Note: This is a dark,sinister brooding poem, don't read it if you are happy :P ok..author was not unhappy writing it..she just likes to toy with words..come on! like she has to write happy stuff all the time! So shut up and read!


My musings on a rainy sunday evening...

I turned the pages.. ruminating on the many faceless apparitions..
some archaic.. some predominant..
They were faceless..yet their eyes bore into me
stripping me naked of cause..

They smelled me...they took a deep breath and filled themselves with my aroma..
a potpourri of love, lust, want, desire, need..
they all mean the same,
yet they were different..

Some kissed my lips...sucked my soul.. some kissed the tears away..
some bit me until they drew blood..
I flinched.. I cried..
I wailed in unremitting pain..

They clawed me with their barbarous talons dipped in acids
so my marks remained.. reminding me everyday... my usage , my role in their pleasure..not mine.. never mine..
I wish I can cross the rubicon...

They fooled me with their powers..subservient I am to become.. drowning my obsequious self in their words, in their promises, in their complaisance..
It was a ruse masquerading as a gallant inveigle..
I fell prey to the adulation...

My innards were turned to slush, my heart minced..
my soul battered.. my body drained..
filling themselves to the brim, the entities left one by one..
I wished them away..

Now I am just a hole...An Abyssal Hollow..
I closed the book..for it had blank pages ever since..

Copyright © 2006 Jyothi Samarthi
All rights reserved.
Picture Courtesy: Google Images

2 comments:

Pratik said...

impossible to understand

Rahul said...

Amazing....the flow of emotions is brought about in such deep and subtle way that it almost hurts you while you read. The pain of the writer is transferred to the reader. Its really great...maybe creates some hiccups while reading due to the range of words used...but a very good read nonetheless!