Monday, April 16, 2007

Still Believing in What I believed was Unbelievable


~Jodi the Fairy~

Deep in the forest, in Faraway land, Jodi the Fairy flitted about
darting from flower to flower ,soft-landing on petals
leaving a trail of fairy dust and sticking out her pout
at fist-weaving goblins whose flowery homes she muddled
Snickering at their angry green cheeks and stealthy as a stumble bug,
She flew around the big red mushroom and sneaked in on Barry the elf
Booed in his ears and startled him out of a sleep so snug
"Jodi, you mischief-maker! What do you think of yourself?"
Shouted a groggy and woozy Mr.Barry
Jiggling his heavy bottom and muttering under his breath
He picked up a pebble and threw it at Jodi the fairy
Ducking the pebble ,she laughed at his fret
Hovering in mid-air she waved her wand
Out came a cloud of fairy dust
that spread over every nook and corner of faraway land
"Happy dust for you my lovables"
said Jodi "To keep you happy and smiling always.
I'd be around everyday to muddle and to startle
to wave my pretty wand and to spray
Happy dust and love to keep all your worries at bay"

-Jo(di) Samarthi

As a child, I was always fascinated by fairies and goblins and wished with all my childish-heart that they really existed and that there indeed was a faraway land. I was introduced to their make-believe world through the works of Enid Blyton and read and re-read her works to dwell in my Utopian world. This fascination had carried forward to my adulthood and this past week, I was dreaming of fairies, magic and fairy dust. If there ever is a Faraway land, I wish to a be Fairy, to fly high in the sky, to smile and laugh and make mischief, make magic , make love, dip in dew and sip honey, flutter among exotica and slide on vines..

I want to believe in what I believe is unbelievable.....

Illustration: Jo
Copyright © 2007 Jyothi Samarthi
All rights reserved.


No comments: